SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#125124 - 03/11/03 05:38 AM Re: The music "died" again this week
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I always love reading your work, Doug. You are a wordsmith, indeed. I have loads of experience with Ford Motor Company, but I also have a good friend who is the GM at a Lexus dealership near Princeton. Hmmmm, luxury cars in an affluent area .... how can THAT fail? (it's just a thought)

OK - for my positive spin on the day .... my 10 year old is in a show at school called "Puttin o the hits" and she and 2 friends are dancing (my choreography)to "Friendship" form Cole Porter's "Anything Goes". One of my favorite shows. I'v ebeen involved in almost every aspect of that show over the years ... I've stared in it, directed it, conducted it and worked in the pit!(4 separate occasions!) It's a load of fun to do.
(there, was I bright and cheery?)

#125125 - 03/11/03 07:20 AM Re: The music "died" again this week
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Old honest Uncle Dave, the used car salesman? Or, happy music making Uncle Dave selling joy for peoples soul. I think the sun is starting to shine. Thanks Dave, that's better.

Grandpa Doug

#125126 - 03/11/03 07:40 AM Re: The music "died" again this week
Dnj Offline

Uncle Dave will always be a
"TOP FLIGHT" Entertainer.......
it's in the blood and there is No Cure!!!

....Unless maybe if they build a Stage in the Lexus Dealership.....Hmmmmmmm?
Ya Think? ...
Nahhhhh!

#125127 - 03/11/03 08:47 PM Re: The music "died" again this week
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
Keeping up with technology [and what it can bring] in any biz - especially in music - is all about change.

Unfortunately, the change in the way senior management is handling cut backs and cost-cutting in the technology sector is to send the work offshore - to India, Malaysia and other countries - where they can get $35 per hr vs $125 here.

The impact to those of us in that sector is two-fold: First we lose our jobs, and assist the company in training our replacements before we turn out the lights, and second we are sending our technology (in which believe me,we ARE the world leader) to countries that have no love for us.

This is turn will cause the rise of none other than the UNIONS UD so laments above. It is inevitable !! Because it's the only way to save our pesky livelihoods, and unions DO have their uses. I'm ambivalent about the subject of unions - but that is not what I'm getting at here tho'.

The irony is - that on one hand the unions are killing the NY theater scene and in the not-to-distant-future will likley be the force behind resurrecting and protecting offshore divestiture of tech sector jobs.

Busines as usual ???????
Regards,
Steve

[This message has been edited by S0C9 (edited 03-11-2003).]

[This message has been edited by S0C9 (edited 03-11-2003).]

#125128 - 03/12/03 08:02 AM Re: The music "died" again this week
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I hear the shows are running again, but as fate would have it - I have another personal crisis, this time with my middle daughter, so I will miss the show anyway. Please say a prayer for my Katie ..... I'll post more when I can.

#125129 - 03/12/03 08:07 AM Re: The music "died" again this week
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
We're all with you Dave. Hang in there!
Don

#125130 - 03/12/03 04:46 PM Re: The music "died" again this week
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Don is right UD.
All SZ brothers are with you.

Chico

#125131 - 03/12/03 05:43 PM Re: The music "died" again this week